1. Upon arrival at VDC, please ensure to pick up your studio owner/teacher bag at the VIEW Dance Challenge registration table.
2. All music must be labeled with Studio Name, Song Name, Dancer’s Name and Entry Number. All backup music must be submitted 30 minutes prior to the start of the competition. (See music for further information and options).
3. Dancers must always be ready to perform thirty minutes prior to their scheduled time.
4. All entries are to report backstage to the VDC Stage Manager three numbers before the scheduled number.
5. All entries will perform in the order they are scheduled. If for any reason a routine must perform out of order, it must be performed before the end of its category. If this is not done, the dancer will only recieve a score and not be eligble for placement or overalls.
6. Please notify the stage manager of any holds needed.
7. Dancers may not compete against themselves in any performance style and category. (Ie: If a performer has two Jazz Solo's they may only compete the second routine in the next age division up). Only groups are granted the exception of dancing in the same category on the condition that 50% of the dancers are not the same.
8. Second performance attempts will only be granted if time is permitting. An entry at a second attempt will be verbally adjudicated but will not receive a standing and does not qualify for overall awards.
9. Any entry in any class and category, displaying suggestive and/or inappropriate content will be disqualified. VIEW Dance Challenge will strive to keep its competition family friendly.
10. For safety reasons, with the exception of rosin, the use of baby powder and other agents is not tolerated.
11. Please be advised that studios will be held responsible for any damages to theatre change rooms. Any personal belongings, costumes or dance apparel left behind at the competition will not be the responsibility of VIEW Dance Challenge.
12. Judges score sheets and music must be picked up from the Stage Manager after the competition. Any score sheets or music left behind at the competition will be discarded.
13. All judging critiques will be provided in video with audio format.
14. CASH AWARDS: All cash awards will be awarded in a voucher format. Vouchers must be mailed in to VIEW Dance Challenge by the date listed on the voucher in order to receive your winnings.
a. All entries with the use of props must be declared to VIEW Dance Challenge prior to the schedule being finalized.
b. Props for entries may only be placed backstage during the adjudication prior to the upcoming scheduled dance session.
c. Maximum prop height: 10’6”
16. In event of a tie for any of the overall and VIEW TOP awards, our panel of judges will choose a winning entry at their own discretion.